The Ivy League of South Gwinnett Foundation Inc. and the RKL Education Foundation, Inc. are partnering to provide access to information about HBCUs, college planning, and financing to high school juniors and seniors along with their parents. We are very excited to continue our partnership with the Gwinnett County Community Outreach Program.
College representatives from HBCU's will present information related to their universities admissions, scholarship and housing policies.
Sponsors will provide information critical to managing costs related to obtaining a college degree.
Note the dates of the HBCU College Fair:
Virtual fair (online only) Friday February 2, 2024 (1:00 pm est until 5:00 pm est)
Physical fair (in person) Saturday February 3, 2024 (9:00 am est until 2:00 pm est)
Band Auditions: 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
Choral Auditions: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
The fair is free to the public.
LIVE BAND AUDITIONS
Band scholarships will be available via in-person auditions.
Drop us a line!
The RKL Educational Foundation (RKLEF) is dedicated to building, promoting, and aiding in the development of our youth within Gwinnett County. RKLEF aids “downtrodden humanity” in its efforts to achieve social, economic, and intellectual status by funding educational programs, social activities, awareness seminars, and support groups that provide services to children, adult individuals, and families.
The Ivy League of South Gwinnett Foundation, Incorporated, provides direct service to the community by promoting higher education through scholarship efforts. We serve the South Gwinnett community of Gwinnett County Georgia by providing financial support for economic empowerment,equity, and the well-being of children and families.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
The 6th Annual Greater Atlanta HBCU College Fair is from January 28, 2024, until February 3rd, 2024. There will be several events happening virtually and in person during the week.
- Yes, there will be a virtual fair on Friday, February 2nd from 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- There is an in-person fair on Saturday, February 3rd from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm at Meadowcreek High School. The address is 4455 Steve Reynolds Blvd, Norcross GA 3009
No, parking is free, but it will be limited due to the number of schools and students in attendance. So come early!
- There are no band auditions held during the virtual fair.
- There will be opportunities to register for band auditions on Saturday, February 3rd from 9:30 am – 2:00 pm. Additionally, there are opportunities for a virtual band audition on Saturday, February 3rd if it’s not convenient to attend in person.
*Please review all guidelines and information on the website about the band auditions.*
The HBCU College Fair is free to students and parents. Bring the family!
No, everyone must register who is planning to attend the fair must register.
- Cost for the fair is $250.00 ($200.00 for the virtual fair and $50.00 for the in-person fair).
- Late registration will be an additional fee of $50.00. (Please note if only the Band Director from the University attends the fair there is a $25.00 fee for in-person or virtual.
- Yes, everyone can participate in HBCU Sunday! HBCU Sunday is a call to Action on Sunday, February 5th. We are asking congregations around the world:
- Acknowledge During Service the Historical and Value of HBCUs.
- All Church members are to attend service decked out in their favorite HBCU or Fraternity/Sorority Gear.
- And Donate to a favorite HBCU today.
- All students who meet the criteria to apply will see a prompt upon registration. The student can apply during registration or return and apply later. But please see the scholarship deadlines.
*Scholarship submissions are being accepted now through January 20, 2023, at 11:59 pm.*
Absolutely! We recommend the Fairfield Inn & Suites
- 3570 Breckinridge Blvd, Duluth GA 30096
Phone Number (678)924-1023