FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
The 5th Annual Greater Atlanta HBCU College Fair is from February 4, 2023, until February 11th, 2023. There will be several events happening virtually and in person during the week.
- Yes, there will be a virtual fair on Saturday, February 4th from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- There is an in-person fair on Saturday, February 11th from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm at Meadowcreek High School. The address is 4455 Steve Reynolds Blvd, Norcross GA 3009
Sunday, Feb. 5th
It's a Call to Action!
Remember to enter our daily contests and catch up on anything you missed in the virtual events!
Monday, Feb. 6th
Join us for a webinar with Mr. Hal Wilkinson from the Georgia Student Finance Commission from 7:00 – 8:00pm to learn more about scholarships available in the State of Georgia. Click here to attend!
Tuesday, Feb. 7th
Join us for a discussion about 'Putting Your Best Brand Forward' presented by Thurgood Marshall College Fund. Click here to attend!
Wednesday, Feb. 8th
The in-person fair is almost here! Don't miss this opportunity to speak with school admissions counselors from more than 30 HBCUs. We look forward to seeing you on Saturday from 9:00am – 2:00pm.
Thursday, Feb. 9th
Join us for a session with Ms. Alisiea Wright from PNC bank to learn more about C.A.N Outreach and Development Programs at 7:30 pm. Click here to attend!
Friday, Feb. 10th
We hope to see you tomorrow at Meadowcreek High School in Gwinnett county for the in-person fair from 9:00am – 2:00pm.
Stay tuned to see the Daily Contest winners posted on Sunday afternoon!
Thank you for participating in the first hybrid 5th Annual Greater Atlanta HBCU College Fair!
No, parking is free, but it will be limited due to the number of schools and students in attendance. So come early!
- There are no band auditions held during the virtual fair.
- There will be opportunities to register for band auditions on Saturday, February 11th from 9:30 am – 2:00 pm. Additionally, there are opportunities for a virtual band audition on Saturday, February 11th if it’s not convenient to attend in person.
*Please review all guidelines and information on the website about the band auditions.*
The HBCU College Fair is free to students and parents. Bring the family!
No, everyone must register who is planning to attend the fair must register.
- Cost for the fair is $250.00 ($200.00 for the virtual fair and $50.00 for the in-person fair).
- Late registration will be an additional fee of $50.00. (Please note if only the Band Director from the University attends the fair there is a $25.00 fee for in-person or virtual.)
- Yes, everyone can participate in HBCU Sunday! HBCU Sunday is a call to Action on Sunday, February 4th. We are asking congregations around the world:
- Acknowledge During Service the Historical and Value of HBCUs.
- All Church members are to attend service decked out in their favorite HBCU or Fraternity/Sorority Gear.
- And Donate to a favorite HBCU today.
- All students who meet the criteria to apply will see a prompt upon registration. The student can apply during registration or return and apply later. But please see the scholarship deadlines.
*Scholarship submissions are being accepted now through January 20, 2023, at 11:59 pm.*
Absolutely! We recommend the Fairfield Inn & Suites
- 3570 Breckinridge Blvd, Duluth GA 30096
Phone Number (678)924-1023
Drop us a line!