The Gwinnett Pearls of Service Foundation Inc. and the RKL Education Foundation, Inc. are partnering to provide access to information about HBCUs, college planning, and financing to high school juniors and seniors along with their parents. We are very excited to bring on a new partnership with the Gwinnett County Community Outreach Program.
College representatives from HBCU's will present information related to their universities admissions, scholarship and housing policies.
Sponsors will provide information critical to managing costs related to obtaining a college degree.
The RKL Educational Foundation (RKLEF) is dedicated to building, promoting, and aiding in the development of our youth within Gwinnett County. RKLEF aids “downtrodden humanity” in its efforts to achieve social, economic, and intellectual status by funding educational programs, social activities, awareness seminars, and support groups that provide services to children, adult individuals, and families.
The Gwinnett County Pearls of Service (GPS) mission is to strengthen the social, health, economic and educational well-being of the Gwinnett County community and surrounding areas. We will continue partnering with local community organizations to fulfill our mission and to make a positive impact on the communities we serve. In the past four years, GPS has awarded over $500,000 in scholarships and grants to students and community organizations in the Gwinnett County area.
Note the dates of the HBCU College Fair:
Virtual fair (online only) Saturday February 4, 2023 (10:00 am est until 2:00 pm est)
Physical fair (in person) Saturday February 11, 2023 (9:00 am est until 2:00 pm est)
In-Person: Meadowcreek High School, 4455 Steve Reynolds Blvd, Norcross, GA 30093 – Band
Auditions: 9:30 am – 2:00 pm
The fair is free to the public.
LIVE BAND AUDITIONS
Band scholarships will be available via in-person auditions.
Drop us a line!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
The 5th Annual Greater Atlanta HBCU College Fair is from February 4, 2023, until February 11th, 2023. There will be several events happening virtually and in person during the week.
- Yes, there will be a virtual fair on Saturday, February 4th from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- There is an in-person fair on Saturday, February 11th from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm at Meadowcreek High School. The address is 4455 Steve Reynolds Blvd, Norcross GA 3009
No, parking is free, but it will be limited due to the number of schools and students in attendance. So come early!
- There are no band auditions held during the virtual fair.
- There will be opportunities to register for band auditions on Saturday, February 11th from 9:30 am – 2:00 pm. Additionally, there are opportunities for a virtual band audition on Saturday, February 11th if it’s not convenient to attend in person.
*Please review all guidelines and information on the website about the band auditions.*
The HBCU College Fair is free to students and parents. Bring the family!
No, everyone must register who is planning to attend the fair must register.
- Cost for the fair is $250.00 ($200.00 for the virtual fair and $50.00 for the in-person fair).
- Late registration will be an additional fee of $50.00. (Please note if only the Band Director from the University attends the fair there is a $25.00 fee for in-person or virtual.
- Yes, everyone can participate in HBCU Sunday! HBCU Sunday is a call to Action on Sunday, February 5th. We are asking congregations around the world:
- Acknowledge During Service the Historical and Value of HBCUs.
- All Church members are to attend service decked out in their favorite HBCU or Fraternity/Sorority Gear.
- And Donate to a favorite HBCU today.
- All students who meet the criteria to apply will see a prompt upon registration. The student can apply during registration or return and apply later. But please see the scholarship deadlines.
*Scholarship submissions are being accepted now through January 20, 2023, at 11:59 pm.*
Absolutely! We recommend the Fairfield Inn & Suites
- 3570 Breckinridge Blvd, Duluth GA 30096
Phone Number (678)924-1023